TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
Chris Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:09:31 -0400
...I'm sorry. You were supposed to post that in the "RESPONSE" forum, not
the "INQUIRY" forum.

Actually, I saw it as just being more specific. Didn't think it would
detract from this forum. I monitor several forums now... what's one more?
And if I have a fabrication-specific question, where better to post it than
on a fab-specific forum? Those who value the possible education derived
from reading such things will still be able to do so; those who want to
narrow their focus can do so more easily.

As an example: I subscribe to the lead-free forum, but it's not really
something I'm very focused on. When there's a lot of email piled up in my
box, I don't feel too bad about deleting a bunch of [LF]'s without reading
them. When I have a little extra time, I read them and learn something or
at least pass something on to someone who cares more than I do. This kind
of screening is easy with separate forums... not quite as easy with
different topics within the same forum.

...but I'm fine with it either way. I'm just glad these things exist at
all.

-Chris

                       Ahne Oosterhof
                       <[log in to unmask]>                To:   [log in to unmask]
                       Sent by: TechNet                  cc:
                       <[log in to unmask]>                 Subject:    Re: [TN] New Topic

                       10/05/2005 01:46 PM
                       Please respond to Ahne

And tomorrow a new forum for stencils, and then one for components ------
pelease, keep it all together. Too often a problem in one area relates or
can be solved by changes in another area.

And if anyone presents some "whoppers", there are enough members around
willing to counteract that.

Having fun,
Ahne Oosterhof.
A-Laser / Fine Line Stencil.