TECHNET Archives

September 2005

From:
Jason Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jason Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:48:38 -0500
Sorry Phillip,

The peak and time over were hypothetical. My actual delta was around 6
degrees.
I was able to guess (educated) at the settings and the results were actually
very, very nice.
As far as only needing three probes needed to determine the reflow, I must
disagree somewhat. If I probe the largest mass component on leading,
smallest mass on trailing, and largest near center, I am eliminating the
facts of what the other 20 heavy mass BGAs will do to the rest of the board.
They, of course, will cool the entire assembly due to their sinking effects.

Jason Gregory
Manufacturing Engineer
Innova Electronics
(281)653-5593