TECHNET Archives

September 2005

From:
Franklin Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Franklin Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:59:05 -0500
Interesting images, can almost make out voids (slight white spots?)

It is strange that they 'all' seem to be oriented in the same direction, my
first thought was distortion from the xray not centered (like the image was
cut from a corner of the original image) but with studying I would say yeah,
they are definitely distorted in a common direction. Could the component
have shifted during assembly? Some form of pressure sliding the component in
a direction making the ball form that way? Also see what looks like the ball
actually off the pad? (appearance of filled in figure 8).

Have these been tested yet? My money's on long list-o-opens...

Franklin

That paintball video...aaahhhh to be young and stupid again...