TECHNET Archives

September 2005

From:
"Stadem, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:03:14 -0500
I also agree with Mr. Wenger.
I have tons of experience with both Immersion Silver and ENIG. I have
also used immersion tin, HASL, and OSP finishes extensively.
I have never had any trouble with immersion silver. I have had trouble
with the others, especially ENIG.
No matter what anyone says, there are tons of instances where
reliability issues came up with ENIG. These are well documented, as are
the root causes.