TECHNET Archives

September 2005

From:
Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:43:12 -0700
Hi Tom,

I am a firm believer in the 10X "Hastings Triplett" hand held magnifying loop and prefer it over a 20X loop anyday.

Bausch and Lomb makes 10X, and 20X Hasting Tripletts.  The ones on the link that you referred to are not nearly as good in my opinion.   And they don't hang on a lanyard either...which is critical in getting the inspector to use it as a daily tool and prevents it from getting lost or misplaced during the day.

My 10X Hastings Triplett has been a fixture around my neck for over 20 years and is essential equipment for me.  But again, the 20x magnifiers are a level more difficult to see through but are available.

One other caution about the ones that you are using is the ESDS issues associated with them.  Make sure you treat them with Reztore or an equivalent topical.

Phil

Tom Moore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Appreciate the responses I've gotten so far but I need to clarify
something. We actually have access to microscopes that would get us the
20X. But for the few times a day that my inspector would need to use the
20X she'd prefer to go with a simple clear loupe that she can quickly use
to focus on a single area. Not saure this link will work but the Mitutoyo
series 183s are what we are working with
http://www.mitutoyo.com/catalog/pdf/S-02.pdf
Unfortunately they only go to 15X