TECHNET Archives

September 2005

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:41:56 -0700
I have seen inner layer repair in China - generally they are repairing or
inspecting areas flagged by an AOI system. In the factories I have visited
this is closely controlled and any repaired areas are logged and recorded.

I have never seen screwdrivers etc used, nor witnessed a high re-work level.
There are a lot of people involved since the re-worker is normally the AOI
machine operator, and you can see 20 or even 50 AOI machines in use for
inner layer inspection in one AOI area.

Honestly, if I did find people scraping away with screwdrivers on massive
piles of PCB's, I would stop the audit right there...............

John

------------------------------------
Avanex
John Burke