TECHNET Archives

September 2005

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 07:43:28 -0500
Hi Juan! I recommend you try George's suggestion - the old rule thumb comes

into play as "like dissolves like" - take a small amount of the 615 flux

and apply it to the white residue. If it has completely changed its

chemical character then the 615 may allow you to remove it. As Brian

suggested, you are  going to need to mechanically scrub the residue  to

promote its removal.  Good Luck.

Dave Hillman

Rockwell  Collins

             "Juan T. Marugán"

             Sent by: TechNet          [log in to unmask]

             <[log in to unmask]>                                          cc

                                                                   Subject

             09/07/2005 06:22          Re: [TN] Cleaning rosin flux

             AM                        residues

             Please respond to

              TechNet E-Mail

                   Forum

             ; Please respond

             "Juan T. Marugán"

Thank you all for your suggestions,

Brian, the flux we are using is Alphametals 615-15 (ROL1) and I agree with

you that the best action will be prevention. But now, to change all the

connectors is not possible. So, we need to clean…

We have tried to carry out the method proposed by George and although it

works, we would like not add more rosin flux (the assembly is very complex)

We know that IPA is not the best solution but it is a standard product.

141-b can damage other parts of the unit (by the way, I suppose that our

company doesn’t purchase it in the black market) The new products

suggested by Brian should be qualified before use in the process, and

the “time flies”…

Brian, can you recommend us other solution (easy to purchase, not toxic

enough…)? I’m probably asking for a miracle.

Thank you again

Juan