LEADFREE Archives

September 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ofer Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 18:36:42 +0200
Ioan,
It depends, based on the relationship between the OEM and the EMS (and
on how much you rely on the EMS inspection):
1.      if the production is being done as a full-turn key outsourcing,
then the OEM should supply accurate criteria and the EMS shall inspect.
2.      If the OEM procures the materials and the shipments are dropped
directly to the EMS - the EMS shall inspect, again - based on the OEM
criteria.
3.      If the OEM procured and receives then the OEM inspects.

Regards
Ofer Cohen
Manager
Quality Assurance, Reliability and Production Technologies
Seabridge Ltd. - A Siemens Company
Siemens COM FN A SB