LEADFREE Archives

September 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:23:29 +0100
Have you 100% self test for every other operation or claim that vendors

make for their products on existing D of C's - I doubt it. So why get

paranoid now? Accepting D of C's is permissible but ought if practicable

be backed up by spot testing.

Getting details of the composition is not a requirement of RoHS and

would add significant burden to do so. Why push for more than is

required - if too many people push then it will become a defacto

requirement and then a mandatory requirement.

Do you take your car home after a smog check and then take it to a lab

to have it checked again or do you accept the smog station certificate?

Regards,

Chris

  _____