TECHNET Archives

August 2005

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:54:01 -0400
Hi Sefika,

To my knowledge none of those files are necessarily Gerber files.  Visula does not require nor affix an extension to a Gerber file name in its default configuration.  Without a license of Visula, your may be to use the neutral file, .PAF extension, that is in CADIF format.  Some CAD/CAM vendors have the capability to convert the Visula neutral file to a different database, although that might cost $$$.   Another idea is to locate a board design shop that has a Visula license, and have them create the Gerbers for you.

Expert 3.5 is about 10 years old, but the .PCB or .PAF file should be readable by any Visula, version 3.5 or higher.

Regards,
Roger