TECHNET Archives

August 2005

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:19:03 +0300
Thanks for this info. It raises a number of questions in my mind. Would
US affect the peel strength of very fine tracks (<100 µm)? If so, energy
intensity at the board, frequency(ies)? etc.? I can easily imagine that
an imploding cavity close to the track could shake up a tenuous bond,
where the copper treatment is dimensioned so that the pitch between
asperities is > the track width. I think this is a subject that could be
looked at by someone???? Perhaps by Gould or one of the other copper
"makers"??? Maybe it needs a new treatment??? Then, what about HDIS
additive copper???

Brian