TECHNET Archives

August 2005

From:
Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:18:28 -0400
Richard

We did not have the time to perform an in depth analysis, but my suspicion was that the gold was porous and the nickel had oxidized. After removing the gold, we removed the oxidation using an aggressive flux (all by hand), cleaned and then coated the nickel with solder.

Best regards

Lee