TECHNET Archives

August 2005

From:
Sara Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Sara Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:21:53 -0500
Peter,
These comments sound very similar to some research papers and articles our
company has published on white residues & their sources.  I will add that
certain soldermasks do have a propensity to absorb water and cleaning
chemistries and show a visible white residue after a cleaning process.

Here are links to some of our studies on white residues - hopefully they can
help in determining what is going on.

http://www.residues.com/pdf/processRx_6-04.pdf
http://www.residues.com/pdf/white_residue1.pdf
http://www.residues.com/pdf/white_residue2.pdf