TECHNET Archives

August 2005

From:
"Stadem, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:17:34 -0500
Read "The Black Pad Failure Mechanism-From Beginning to End" by Ronald
Bulwith, Michael Trosky, Louis Picchione, and Darlene Hug in the Sept.
2002 issue of Global SMT and Packaging.
This is one of the clearest explanations as to the root cause of Black
pad, but even they were not completely sure of all of the other
variables that could also cause it.