LEADFREE Archives

August 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Burtt, Nigel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:43:59 +0100
I think you are right that this is not entirely clear, but I th

I think you are right that this is not entirely clear, but I think that

post-dating back to the original Directive deadline would create a legal

minefield and remember this only affects WEEE as it applies to the UK

market.

They way I read this is when the UK WEEE regulations are published and

put into force (go through Parliament and become law) then the marking

requirement will be implemented and enforceable for the UK. I'm not very

knowledgeable about the machinations of Parliament but would assume this

can't happen until after the recess (October 10th) at the earliest.

There is no significant reason NOT to start marking as per the Directive

requirement (ie as of tomorrow!!) however