LEADFREE Archives

August 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:06:00 -0400
George,

As we transition to Lead-Free we have tested about 8 different cored
wire solders.  Interestingly enough the winner for OA is not the same
manufacturer as the winner of no-clean.  Is the solder you are using the
best you found in testing?  We had one that didn't want to leave the
soldering iron tip.

If you have not changed your bare board spec to use a higher Tg and CAF
resistant material I would expect you to potentially have some rework
issues especially if the board has seen multiple temperature cycles.

Phil