LEADFREE Archives

August 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ofer Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:45:28 +0200
Dave,
We have tested the 3V chromium Iridite:
* EMC and safety (for functional compliance with conduction and surface
resistance requirements),
* Coating adherence and 48 hours in salt cabin for environmental
withstanding.

All test passed successfully, so from our point of view the 3VC and 6VC
are equivalent.

However, it seems that the long term reliability of the 3VC is lesser
than the 6VC, because the 6VC has self-heeling property which the 3VC
lacks.

Phil,
As of the marking - I simply stated in the drawing "Iridite by3V
Chromium", and audited my supplier that he understands the requirement
and can perform it. And yes, of course - I kept full traceability of the
paper work from our order through the metal shop to the coating shop.

Ofer Cohen
Quality Manager
Seabridge - a Siemens company