IPC-600-6012 Archives

August 2005

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
"Menuez, Pete" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:54:36 -0400
Void
Historically we have treated the word "void" as as any 'isolated reduction of copper below the minimum specified.' (Paraphrased from IPC-6012 para.3.6.2.10). While the complete absense of copper indicates a different root cause than 'isolated reductions' (at the fabrication level), we might be opening up a Pandora's box by redefining it in any other way.

Fold
I think a picture of a fold is necessary to adequately describe a fold.  Boeing's BSPS-001 spec has a good depiction of folds.  Perhaps they could be enticed to share is for inclusion in T-50.

Pete