DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:37:56 -0700
I just want to thank Christi Poulsen again for her efforts to bring us the
IPC Designers Council newsletter the 'ROUTE' again this month... I really
enjoying reading about what is going on out there... what a great benefit to
us all!

Andy Kowalewski... your articles are a pleasure to read... I really enjoy
the wit and common sense you share and find inspiration in your articles and
letters every time you write... Thank you.

I want to encourage those of you who are the 'silent majority' in this
organization (you know who you are) to 'reach out' and participate in this
organization to what ever level you can and help others with your ideas and
suggestions or even just to help with the preparations for the meetings...
the DC can only be as great as you help to make it... it takes many helping
hands of many volunteers to make it all happen, so get involved at the
chapter level, run for office, volunteer to be on a committee, be a part of
the process of bringing educational and informational content to the other
members you share the meetings with and network with them. We need you, and
don't think your influence or contribution is small or insignificant... it
may be your example or a kind offer of assistance that helps another
designer to get involved as well... and we all benefit from fresh ideas and
encouragement and community effort. Its good stuff!

I'm so glad I stopped by the IPC DC Booth at PCB West in 2000 and got to
know and get involved with the IPC designers council and I have made so many
friends and learned so much from the relationship, all from just getting
involved... you can do it too.

Don't be shy, we want to hear what's going on in your neck of the woods...
write an e-mail to Christi and share your viewpoint, use the e-mail forums,
and volunteer at your local chapter... and above all get involved! :)

Cheers!

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer, C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
Datron World Communications, Inc.