TECHNET Archives

July 2005

From:
"Roach, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Roach, David
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:23:40 -0500
We use various older Hepco lead trimmers with very good results and minimal
maintenance and repairs.  I think most of the ones we use have been
discontinued and replaced by the current T3700 trimmer.  Your parts may fit
the standard die plate, which has a grid of holes.  Otherwise, you can get
die plates made for a few hundred dollars.  Here is a link for more
information:

http://www.hepcoblue.com/T3700.htm

There may be used lead trimmers available, too.  I even see some on eBay
occasionally.  Most of ours are older Hepco Mark V trimmers, which work on
the same principle as the T3700, but have a much smaller die plate.  If I
remember correctly, ours have a working area of about 3/4" x 1" (3/4" travel
of the cutting blade, 1" usable blade width).  This would be too small for a
DB25 connector, though it might work for a DB15.  You need standard shop air
for any of these, around 90 psi input.  You could probably get by with as
little as 50 to 60 psi unless you have many large leads.

Dave Roach
Trane GCC
4833 White Bear Parkway
St. Paul, Minnesota  55110