TECHNET Archives

July 2005

From:
"Stadem, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stadem, Richard
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:20:40 -0500
Steve,
Many out there are experiencing the same thing.
But not for components such as aluminum oxide (not really ceramic) like
what I think your picture shows.
They may have lead-free finish on the pins, but that does not make them
a candidate for special handling to prevent moisture-related
expansion......usually. It is possible that there is a chance of damage
within the encapsulant. Really hard to tell without consulting the
vendor.