TECHNET Archives

July 2005

From:
Glenn Pelkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:52:00 -0700
The closest to success we come is involving the following folks for a design
review:

Designer
Assembly Engineer
Component Engineer
Test Engineer

Then, we pull in the supplier and do it again.

It can be a lot of fun!  We get into conversations like this.

The assembly engineer says, "I need fiducials."
The design engineer says, "You can't put them there."
The Component Engineer says, "How will the supplier build it like that?"

Hopefully, all the tradeoffs are discussed so everyone gets what they need.

Glenn