TECHNET Archives

July 2005

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:32:58 +0100
Hi Carl

From your description and taking Werners observation, I think that scrapping
the assemblies is your best option.

As for trying to minimise the risk of this happening again, I think you
should remove the CAT-5 cable. That should do the trick but if you still
need it for some reason, then I would first look for a better insulated
cable and gland.

I might suggest putting a small drain hole in the box and coating the
assembly. You could also mount the board in the vertical axis to help ensure
that the water drains off the surface - unless this does literally have to
life under-water?

I hope this helps

--
Regards Graham Naisbitt

[log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]

Golf Quote of the week: I find it more satisfying to be a bad player at
golf. The worse you play, the better you remember the occasional good shot.

CONCOAT SYSTEMS LIMITED
Unit B2, Armstrong Mall
Southwood Business Park
Farnborough GU14 0NR

Phone: +44 (0)12 5252 1500
Fax: +44 (0)12 5252 1112

CONCOAT - Engineering Reliability in Electronics
CONCOAT SYSTEMS - Measuring Reliability in Electronics
A British Manufacturer

www.concoat.co.uk & www.concoatsystems.com

Cell: 079 6858 2121