TECHNET Archives

July 2005

From:
Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:04:12 +0700
Hey Ken,

Spec-ology, I love it.
Try this...  Mil-C-26482 specifies how to put a connector part number together in Para. 1.2.1.
The third position is the shell size. The fifth posution is the insert arrangement, which is covered by Para. 1.2.1.4.
1.2.1.4 states that the quantity of contacts SHALL be as apecified in Mil-Std-1669. Yes-SHALL !!
In Mil-Std-1669, there are sections for each shell size, with a insert arrangement number assigned for each variant.
After examining each variant, I found that each variant calls specifies the number of contacts and calls for a FULL compliment of contacts, using words like ALL or remainder in most cases when specifying location.

Sooo, if your drawing\BoM calls for a MIL-C-26482 connector using the Para. 1.2.1 identification system, then you are covered if you want contacts. If you want plugs....., you will need a mod drawing calling for the replacement of contacts at those specific contact locations.

Steve Mikell