TECHNET Archives

July 2005

From:
"Davis, Larry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Davis, Larry
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 05:37:00 -0700
Lee,
Could you please clarify "cooling side of the profile"?  I have always thought of the reflow process in the same way as the wave process.  During wave soldering, once a board exits the soldering area it begins a rapid descent back to room temp.  Why would reflow soldering need to be any different after the relow zone?  Is it related to flux residues?

Thanks,
Larry Davis