LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Harvey Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harvey Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:05:23 -0700
Gordon

While we await Robin's informed reply, I would submit a thought.  It is not that "adequate
concern for the environment"
characterize a lack in developing countries.  It is a combination of economic pressures
and greed by the perpetrators
of environmentally damaging actions.

This is true in "advanced" countries as well.  You know that the corporations responsible
for adding lead to fuel knew
that they were poisoning people.

In both cases, public consciousness plus regulation are the answer--- directed at the real
targets.

Harvey Miller