LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:03:51 +0100
Yes you did miss something - the bin with the bar underneath as you

rightly say denotes the item being placed on the market on or after 13

Aug 2005.

However you may also use the non underlined symbol if you also place a

date code* on the unit showing when it was placed on the market. (Ref EN

50419)

*date code - in un-coded text in accordance with EN 28601 or other coded

text, for which the code shall be made available for treatment

facilities.

Regards,

Chris