EMBEDDEDNET Archives

July 2005

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
EmbeddedNet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:03:30 -0400
From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
1)      DuPont Electronic Technologies and Sanmina-SCI Sign Licensing
Agreement for DuPont? Interra? Embedded Passive Materials Use in Buried
CapacitanceŽ Technology
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC., July 22, 2005 - DuPont Electronic
Technologies today announced an agreement with Sanmina-SCI to become a
licensee of Sanmina-SCI?s patented Buried CapacitanceŽ technology. DuPont?
Interra? HK polyimide laminates can now be used in the practice of Buried
CapacitanceŽ technology, available to Sanmina-SCI?s existing family of
licensed printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturers.  The combination of
DuPont? Interra? planar capacitor laminates and the Sanmina-SCI Buried
CapacitanceŽ technology enables smaller, more reliable, high-performing
electronics.
?We are excited that DuPont Electronic Technologies has licensed our
Buried CapacitanceŽ technology,? said George Dudnikov, senior vice
president and chief technology officer for Sanmina-SCI?s PCB and Backplane
Divisions.  ?Buried CapacitanceŽ technology is an enabler for
high-technology printed circuit boards in the telecommunications, high-end
computing and military markets.  The benefits of using Buried CapacitanceŽ
technology can be seen in a variety of areas, particularly in the
reduction of high-frequency electromagnetic interface noise and in a
quieter power distribution system.  Sanmina-SCI continues to develop and
invest in leading-edge technologies and this agreement with DuPont
Electronic Technologies is one more example of our commitment to the
industry.?
?We look at this agreement as a winning combination for our customers,?
said Robert J. O?Connor, global business manager, Embedded Passives,
DuPont Electronic Technologies. ?DuPont? Interra? HK planar capacitor
laminates are easy to use and extremely reliable, which is why they are
being rapidly integrated into many large scale, high-end application
designs. As we continue to put science to work in developing increasingly
thinner and higher capacitance density materials to expand the Interra?
embedded passive materials product line, we are pleased to work with
technology partners like Sanmina-SCI to contribute to our customers?
success.?
As designers look to reduce size, improve performance and build more
cost-effective electronic devices, they increasingly rely on embedded
passive technology, and DuPont Electronic Technologies is creating the
broadest portfolio in the world for embedded passive materials under the
DuPont? Interra? brand. By combining its strengths in laminates, polymer
thick films and ceramic paste materials, DuPont has developed the Interra?
embedded passive materials family to include embedded planar capacitor
laminates, screen printable polyimide thick film paste products, and
ceramic-based screen printable thick film pastes in the broadest range of
resistance and capacitance available.
The benefits of using Buried CapacitanceŽ technology can be seen in a
variety of areas, particularly in the reduction of high-frequency
electromagnetic interface (EMI) noise and in a quieter power distribution
system. Even more, Buried CapacitanceŽ potentially reduces many bypass
capacitors from the surface of a PCB, which equates to assembly cost
reductions along with increasing the available surface area for increased
circuit routing density. In support of this, the license offers access to
a variety of Buried CapacitanceŽ materials in the 0-4 mil dielectric
thickness range, which now includes DuPont? Interra? HK04 and HK 11
polyimide laminates.
DuPont Electronic Technologies is a leading supplier of electronic
materials, including materials for the fabrication and packaging of
semiconductors, materials for rigid and flexible circuits, and materials
for advanced displays.
For more information about DuPont? Interra? embedded passive materials,
visit www.dupont.com/fcm/interra.
DuPont is a science company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work
by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier
life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont
offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets
including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and
protection, home and construction, transportation and apparel.
The DuPont Oval, DuPont, The miracles of science, and Interra? are
registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates. Buried
CapacitanceŽ is a trademark of Sanmina-SCI.