EMBEDDEDNET Archives

July 2005

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
EmbeddedNet <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Tom Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:26:26 -0500

To: Embedded Net

From: Dave McGregor

Subject: Promoting Embedded Passive Technology to NIST

As with all other government agencies NIST management is changing.  The
new management is looking forward to new technologies that will require
new metrology.  We have been fortunate to have Jan Obrzut of NIST
working on new test methods for embedded passive materials but unless we
make an effort to promote embedded passive technology to NIST, we are
likely to lose NIST participation in our embedded passive efforts.

The way to make your company's interest in embedded passives is to do
the following:

1.  Go to <http://usms.nist.gov/>

2.  Click on "US Measurement System Needs Contribution Template" under
"Resources" on the lower left of the page.

3.  Click on the "contribution template" link in the text.

4.  Fill out the template and send it to [log in to unmask]

In addition, look at the "USMS Workshops" link.  Jan Obrzut would like
to work with us to develop a USMS workshop on embedded passives.  Please
brainstorm ideas related to testing embedded passive materials and/or
functional devices containing embedded passives that could be pulled
together for a USMS Workshop.  Please send your ideas to

[log in to unmask] and I will compile them.  Hopefully, we
can process these ideas during future Embedded Passive Users Group
(EPUG) conference calls.  (If you do not receive notices of EPUG call
times and wish to participate, please send an email to Susan Filz at:
[log in to unmask] and ask her to put you on the EPUG distribution list.)

Best regards,

Dave McGregor

David R. McGregor

Sr. Development Associate