TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dehoyos, Ramon
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:26:51 -0400
        I may be totally wet but my assumption has been that there needs to be a cavity such as in the QFPs or DIPs for enough moisture to create enough pressure to pop a device. Based on this assumption, perhaps if the cavities were potted after wire bonded there would not be a need for MSL nor the prohibition against ultrasonic cleaning. I have seen some components with a jelly like material inside over the electronic device.............. Just a thought.
        Ramon