TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ed Popielarski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:19:40 -0700
Hi all,

I've been pretty quiet on this subject and now I think it's time to have my
soapbox session. Most likely I'm going to ruffle a few feathers.

Has anyone noticed the "who, where and why" of this whole thing? It is
(IMHO) all a financial enhancement to the tin industry, researched (The Tin
Institute), controlled (The London Metal Exchange or "LME") and benefiting
the tin producing countries (also owned/operated by ???).

Political science is the furthest from my expertise, but it seems to me by
making Pb the "bad guy" and eliminating 37% of it from the electronics
industry, it's going to increase the consumption of Sn by approximately 50%.
Without increasing the source of Sn (mines) and increasing the demand (us)
they (LME) raise the price. Money goes into someone's pocket, no? But it's
even more clever (or is it cleverer?) than that. keep the spotlight on the
lead, not the tin. PB free! Yippee!

 I'd like you to consider as well the source of the Pb. I believe we took it
from the ground in the first place, no? Don't get me wrong, I like trees as
much as the next guy and ODC's are a manmade evil, but Pb? It was on this
planet long before humans were. Perhaps this answers the earlier post about
batteries and why no one is attacking that (80% ish) significant consumer.
It's not really about the environment, nor H&S. it's about money. Perhaps
Brian's dissertation below has identified a way out of this nightmare if we
all pull together. Comments?

(Someone please hand me my flack jacket now.)

Regards,

Ed Popielarski

QTA Machine

27291 Jardines

Mission Viejo, Ca 92692

Ph: 949-581-6601

WWW.QTA.NET

You see, wire <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26870.html>  telegraph is
a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head
is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates
exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The
only difference is that there is no cat.

Albert Einstein <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Albert_Einstein/>
(1879 - 1955), when asked to describe radio