TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tempea, Ioan
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:45:19 -0400
Hi Stevie Roy,

you might want to keep it NTC, but I see a very technical issue here. This is the re-balling with 63/37. The original balls were lead-free, therefore having created some specific intermetallics between the chip and the ball. If you put the leaded balls on, how reliable will be the new intermetallics that are formed?

Just a thought.

Regards,
Ioan