TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:08:20 -0500
Steve,
        If you want to bake the parts in the reel you will have to lower
the temp and increase the time. Are you in a hurry for the parts? If not
I would bake them in the reel. We have been baking our parts out of the
reel, we ordered trays that will hold the parts during and after baking.
We currently have parts that are at MSL 4 and for a month receiving
insisted on opening and checking them in. It wasn't until we had the
component manufacture put a bright pink label on it "not to open". We
had to bake over 2k parts for a month that carried a price tag of over
100k, didn't sit well with the QA guys. We where baking at 125C for
48hr.

Ted