TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
Werner Engelmaier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:34:51 EDT
Hi Ramon,
I wished you were right--the Europeans certainly would deserve it. But,
unfortunately, it will affect all of us about equally. You cannot be madder than
I--I have been at this now for at least 4 years; and my level of frustration
cannot be topped. This is the "Emperor's New Clothes" in reality. Unfortunately,
too many people make money off of this--particularly the universities; so the
very people that should have the strongest voices in the scientific community
have the highest interest in perpetuating this insanity.

Werner

      Hi Werner:

         I am madder than anyone else when it comes to this LF change. I know
that I got the real facts quite late and that I am only a voice. I console
myself by saying that it will not affect us to the extent that will affect
Europeans. My thinking is that at some point the counter movement will win by
demonstrating that LF is not so free but expensive and affects the environment more
harshly.

          Regards,

          Ramon