TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
"Anslow, Phillip" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Anslow, Phillip
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:28:29 +0100
Hello Werner,
One does have to wonder - unless a politician.

I do think Steve should be thanked for providing the link for many of us to
access this useful and comprehensive paper - but a bigger vote of thanks for
Harvey Miller for researching and collating this commentary on Pb-Free.

What most astounds me is the neglect of the amount of environmental damage
and global warming the Pb-Free process will result in - just by all the
electronic production in the world raising soldering temperatures by
30-40degC and the power generation needed to support it - or is this too
obvious an anti-environmental consequence?

The old expression, spoiling the ship for a ha'peth of tar comes to mind.

Best Regards,
Phil.

Still my opinion and not my employers etc. What it is to be politically
correct...