TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
"Wenger, George M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wenger, George M.
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:06:51 -0400
Steve,

More technical people have to ask questions when there isn't data to support a direction. I for one don't want to be one of those people that as you said (Let's all of us jump off the cliff, and say in the end; "We did what
we were supposed to...".  The majority of career was spent under the Ma-Bell umbrella and I enjoyed being associated with Bell Laboratories where decisions used to be made for sound technical reasons and always supported by data.  It is disheartening to see supply chain, bottom line economics, and bureaucracy making the decision without having supporting data.  I wouldn't have take Bev's comment personal and if I were Bev I wouldn't apologize for making them.  Those kinds of comments are made by all of us who's working world has been turned upside down trying to deal with Pb-Free issues.

Regards,
George
George M. Wenger
Reliability / FMA Engineer
Base Station and Subsystems Group
Andrew Corporation, 40 Technology Drive, Warren, NJ 07059 (908) 546-4531 [log in to unmask]