TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
Joe Russeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Joe Russeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:12:34 -0500
Hi Eric,

Based on what you have provided (excessive solder from HASL, scratches in
the soldermask exposing copper and dust on the boards), it sounds to me like
your fabricator's process may not be in control.  I would NOT accept these
units. They shold be ready for processing right out of the package.
Additionally, I would pat your inspectors on the back, it sounds like they
have done their job.

Best regards,

Joe Russeau
Process Analyst