TECHNET Archives

June 2005

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ingemar Hernefjord (KC/EMW)
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:39:51 +0200
Hi both and all,

I've saved an old but good report 'Parameters important for surface mount applications of multilayer ceramic capacitors' by Bharat S. Rawal and John Maxwell, AVX Corp. Cut from the report: " For wave soldering, large fillets are easy to inspect but they DRAMATICALLY reduce solder joint life and make the whole assembly more susceptible to handling damage. It is essential that pad sizes with known high yields are used". And the report describes how one should use high and meagre solder joints, rather than the commonly seen low and fat ones. Then, that's the way too meet LF.

I'm satified with the answers, and will adress the observandum to our CAD guys.

Thanks

Ingemar Hernefjord
Ericsson Microwave Systems