LEADFREE Archives

June 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Camille Good <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:27:58 -0700
Stephen,

When I read through SB20 & SB50 a while back, I came
away with the same conclusion as you, that the
legislation referred to devices with video displays
larger than 4 inches.

A couple of questions to the list:
1) Has anyone heard of any different interpretations?
2) Is there any known reason why California is
singling out the electronics with displays greater
than 4"?  Do they have a serious problem with old CRT
monitors, or handheld DVD players, or???

-Camille Good
Portland, Oregon

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/03-04/bill/sen/sb_0001-0050/