TECHNET Archives

May 2005

From:
Gabriela Bogdan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gabriela Bogdan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 17:58:47 +0200
I thought that immersion silver would be the finish, and all answers you got
for this finish are correct, in my opinion.
We had this problem with certain suppliers, and it definitely was seen also
under the BGA balls as voids at the ball/ circuit pad interface.
Some call it "champagne voiding" when speaking about BGA joints, but I have
seen it also in through holes, by X-ray and cross section.
http://www.circuitsassembly.com/pdf/0406/0406dage.pdf
http://www.smta.org/files/oregon_chapter_presentation0305-1.pdf