TECHNET Archives

May 2005

From:
Jason Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jason Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 09:01:39 -0500
Hey Bev, good luck.  This is a very loaded question which is highly
dependent upon the "level" of calibration you require.  I am fairly
confident you will not find commercially available services for the whole
system (including software/firmware validation...)  My advise would be to
find a cal lab by asking them if they can calibrate the Keithley of Agilent
electrometers.  This implies that they have (probably Guildline) Teraohm
boxes.  Then convince the lab to come to you. But you'll probably have to
write fairly rigorous procedures (or provide Cookson's) for them to review
before they accept the offer.  Concoat supports their own systems, and they
can supply resistors.  There are a number of resistor sources, but they
don't do me much good unless they themselves are 17025 traceable.  Below are
my favorite High Resistance cal lab contacts.  Guildline is top-shelf, but
unfortunately they will have never heard of a SIRometer.

Chris

Chris Mahanna
Quality Manager
Robisan Laboratory Inc.
6502 E. 21st Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46219
317.353.6249 phone
317.917.2379 fax

Guildline Calibration Services (407) 333-3327
Certified Measurements, Inc. (800) 525-0408
Sypris Test & Measurement (407) 678-6900