TECHNET Archives

May 2005

From:
Joe Russeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Joe Russeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 10:08:05 -0500
Hi Ofer,

I test PCB's all day long and I have found that powder-free vinyl gloves are
the ideal.  They are very clean and not likely to transfer harmful
contaminates.  As far as ESD is concerned, I have never personally had an
issue with using powder-free vinyl gloves on the ESD sensitive boards that I
have tested, but I also observe the appropriate grounding procedures before
handling such devices.  I am not aware of any specific glove that is
designed with ESD in mind, but that does not mean that one does not exist.
Personally, I am partial to the powder-free vinyl gloves for the work that I
do.  For those interested here is the part number of the gloves we use
PH2Y1952 and they come from VWR.  That part number is for a large glove ( I
need Large for my fat fingers), but they come in different sizes.

Best Regards,

Joe Russeau
Process Analyst

Precision Analytical Laboratory, Inc.