TECHNET Archives

May 2005

From:
Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 11:40:37 -0700
Phil,

There is only one major thing you haven't covered:

Who gets to fix the RMAs and non-functional boards?

Building an infrastructure to support a responsive customer service Return
and Repair Depot can be very costly to a company that has outsourced all the
manufacturing, test and debug processes for their products....Most
companies, except the very large electronic product suppliers, will find
their bottom-line being driven by the warehousing and RMA activities instead
of new products.

Paul Edwards
Process Engineering
Tel: 408-433-4700