TECHNET Archives

May 2005

Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 19:26:44 -0600
Yes, very true. I have seen some fab docs actually have an arrow showing the
direction of the squeegee when applying the paste.

Screen opening that are rectangular will get good paste if parallel to the
squeegee flow but not so good if perpendicular. This is really for small
openings such as 0.015" wide x 0.100" long. The 0.015" wide slot, if
squeegeed perpendicular, gets very little paste.....

I have that problem on a design now. After reflow, 1 part has to get touched
up by hand, which is bad for quality overall....

Regards
TDK