LEADFREE Archives

May 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Allan Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 10:24:08 +0800
Hi Shawn,  & All,

1, We do supply certificate to the customers for RoHS compliance product,
but it is based on the third party testing report on that specific part no.

2, The test reports from the raw material vendo normally indicates : None -
Detection  for those where we need to know the PPM is,
It appears fine for that single raw material, however, when the board is
finished, we will have more or less around more than 4 type of raw materials
on the board.  If  4 x None - detection still = none detection ?

My point is, we can assume that each raw material is comply, however, do we
want to take the risk by assuming the bare board is hence comply too ?

I think some kind of Goldern Sample for each type of boards is what we need
to look at,  as we don't want to test every part no, but, if we can get the
extream type certified, then we are safe.

Allan