LEADFREE Archives

May 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 00:19:04 -0500
Hi Roger, Mike, IPC LF Listservers,

Thanks,

I don't know all of the other EU Directives, particularly for those living
and working in the EU production industries. My expectation is that since
the EU is coming after lead in electrical and electronic equipment they
have already or will go after lead in the process and manufacturing
industries when a replacement process exists.

Considering the date associated with the Whereas. That is some meeting or
resolution on  30Jul96 or 1996.07.30 my thought was that there should
already be on the books other directives limiting lead. I don't know yet
hope MikeF, and I believe Roger who live in the EU, are correct that this
isn't legislated yet in the EU.

Why isn't this process of tin lead as an etch resist, and then later
completely stripped rather than reflowed for superbe long term storage and
solderability, on a replacement list?

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave