LEADFREE Archives

May 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 00:30:53 -0500
Hi Nic, IPC LF Listservers,

Well I have to say is must be YOU. It is in my copy of the WEEE. Article 10
and then down to paragraph 3 and voila.

<So I've been flicking through this European FAQ. On page 13 where they try
to explain about "put on the market" they refer to it as being in Article 10
(3) in the WEEE Directive.>

<Now I may be going daft, and I'll admit that it is a Friday afternoon, but
I can't for the life of me see it in Article 10(3). I've only found mention
of it in Articles 8 and 9.>

Yes I see it there as well.

<Is it me? Have I missed the point? Hardly puts faith in the whole thing
when the official responses from the EU can't get it right now does it?!>

BTW As more of us start looking I do expect us to find mistakes.
and BTW I haven't checked out the EU FAQ page yet.

When you get a chance read the new approach directives and see how in
various legislation "put on the market" is slighly different.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave