LEADFREE Archives

May 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 21:59:31 -0500
Hi Allan Zhang, Roger, IPC LF Listservers,

By The Way, I tend to agree with Roger that this might be easier than you
think. For some of the processes or raw materials, like the one you noted
(HAL or HASL) you might have to go to analytical testing or work with
others in a group to obtain the ppm data for the restricted substances.

When I read your note back to Roger and the List I was even more convinced
that YOU had to obtain and report the information. You have the knowledge.

Anyway, Ever OnWard to the purpose of my note.

When you are done and have all the available information to assure your
customer that you are an RoHS compliant company, you will want to mark your
product and claim victory. (Usually in the etching process, yet could be in
the printing or ink screening)

JEDEC is one group that has some work/standards on this marking aspect.

A few reports exist, and the one report I am reading now might be good to
read.

Irina Stobbe, Kay Nimmo, B. Liong "Lead-free Marking as Marking for
Environmental Issues". I believe I got this from www.efsot-europe.info/
yet you can always try the ITRI or Soldertec www site which probably has a
link to this report that I believe was paid for by the EU.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave