DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Scott Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 10:04:08 -0400
Joe,
The bulk of my work is flex circuit design and I do work for a couple flex
shops as well as OEM's. On the west coast you may want to look a Parlex
www.parlex.com
Contact:
Glen Loo
408)-441-8713

They have a location in San Jose as well as a couple on the east coast and
China.

Another place would be Flex Interconnect Technologies
http://www.fit4flex.com/
Contact:
Chetan Shah
(408) 918-3615

My preferred flex supplier is Samtec www.samtec.com but I do not believe
they have rigid flex capability yet. They have partnered with FIT (above) to
provide that capability. I can get you some names there as well if you can't
find them on the web.

I think you will find that once your volumes go up many of the suppliers
will shift production off shore. I know Parlex can provide proto's from
their plant in Chine within a couple weeks so you can avoid the situation of
getting the initial parts from one location, then volume production from
another.

The complexity of your designs (min line width, # of layers, etc) will also
play a large part in finding a source.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Scott D. Riley
Technical Design Service
607-658-9322 - Office
607-785-1696 - FAX