TECHNET Archives

April 2005

From:
Pete menuez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pete menuez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:04:10 -0400
Werner -

Virtually all military, aerospace, and space OEM's require etchback.  They
call it out because they have test data (probably from the 70's and 80's)
that shows tha etchback is better than  no etchback.  I don't think it was
until the early 90's that plating developed to a point that would change the
data.  Since then everyone has reduced their engineering staffs and the
research into to etchback or not etchback is not funded.  Because of this I
would expect the etchback requirement to never go away.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Pete